Having lived in Texas for the past six years I must confess to having forgotten what chilly weather feels like. In the summer my family and I relocated to New Jersey. This is our first winter here and here’s what I’ve learned so far…
1) The trees make strange noises when they freeze.
2) To go outside with no gloves and hat is utter madness.
3) It’s hard to walk briskly when your thighs are numb with cold.
4) My adorable dog, Chloe, does not appear feel the cold and will happily walk in it for hours… my children however are not so keen.
5) It is incredibly exhilarating to walk in almost freezing temperatures and oddly fun to find one can no longer feel one’s chin!
We are expecting snow this week.I say: “Bring. It. On!”